Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Macho???

Gaile corrected my view on macho today.
I don't know which parts of the story to tell, so I'll tell most of them.
I was telling her that we're covering some touchy stuff in Sunday school, stuff that college guys may not be real thrilled about. But, it's big stuff, I think, which is why I jumped at the chance to do it.
Anyhow.
I pointed out that, as soon as we get to the good stuff, people stop showing up.
And it's the 'macho' ones that leave first.

And Gaile said, "Yeah, well, macho isn't really an indication of..." she trailed off and laughed to herself.
And I filled in her blank, "anything."
And she said, "Yeah."

Then she continued by saying, "Machoness is being strong in the Lord. That's what macho is. Look at the macho guys of the Old Testament. The real heroes are Godly men. That's what macho is."

So I laughed, and pondered.


I am going home for Thanksgiving. See ya'll later.

Except to say that some people bewilder me. Pop up, talk, disappear...
Strange.
And I know what my fear is. And I know it's time to face the fear and kick it to the curb. I hate that, but okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home