Grading...
Is it wrong to talk out loud (in a room by myself) while grading?
And is it wrong to celebrate when my friends (and roommate) do well on quizzes I grade?
And is it wrong to pre-expect the students that typically do badly to do badly again?
Is it wrong to sometimes give the benefit of the doubt on a diagrammatic quiz?
I always liked teachers, and I used to want to be one "when I grew up." But now I respect them more than ever.
What a busy weekend I have ahead. I have a two-inch stack of labs, homework, quizzes, and other papers to grade... in the next 22 minutes. Oops.
There's the Trans Siberian Orchestra tonight- yippee!
There's the old-folks home ministry tomorrow. Then church/Sunday school on Sunday, followed by the college ministry student Thanksgiving Dinner Extravaganza 2005!!!
I made that title up.
I did get my oil and transaxle fluid changed last night. I am thankful to Keith who let me use the auto society lift, and provided some tools (mine were locked up in the aviation building), and kept me company, and showed me Josh Stralow's sweet Toyota Land Cruiser with a Chevy 350 conversion monster machine.
I will get back to grading now.
Have a blessed day.
And is it wrong to celebrate when my friends (and roommate) do well on quizzes I grade?
And is it wrong to pre-expect the students that typically do badly to do badly again?
Is it wrong to sometimes give the benefit of the doubt on a diagrammatic quiz?
I always liked teachers, and I used to want to be one "when I grew up." But now I respect them more than ever.
What a busy weekend I have ahead. I have a two-inch stack of labs, homework, quizzes, and other papers to grade... in the next 22 minutes. Oops.
There's the Trans Siberian Orchestra tonight- yippee!
There's the old-folks home ministry tomorrow. Then church/Sunday school on Sunday, followed by the college ministry student Thanksgiving Dinner Extravaganza 2005!!!
I made that title up.
I did get my oil and transaxle fluid changed last night. I am thankful to Keith who let me use the auto society lift, and provided some tools (mine were locked up in the aviation building), and kept me company, and showed me Josh Stralow's sweet Toyota Land Cruiser with a Chevy 350 conversion monster machine.
I will get back to grading now.
Have a blessed day.


1 Comments:
i graded carbs labs for a few weeks last semester, and yes i talked to myself while i graded them. i would say" why did you try so hard answering that question" "where did you get that answer?" "don't you know that turning in work of the same font, size, margins, spacing and words as another guy's is not a recipe for sneaking by plagiarism?" I often found a way to be subjective when being objective would nosedive their grade.
and yes, it made me smile when my favorite students' work is the best. grading can be fun
Post a Comment
<< Home