Wednesday, October 19, 2005

thoughts

So I think I figured out why I dislike much of the Christian music.
I've been reading Wild at Heart, by Eldredge.
I think that Christian music is typically so sweet as honey that my masculinity quickly becomes disinterested.
Eldredge talks about what a man wants, what a man needs, and how society takes it away from us.
And in the circles that I travel in, I perceive that it would be smiled upon for me to listen to nothing but Christian music. But Rachel Lampa has nothing to offer a man. In her songs, anyway. Sweet, sappy stuff doesn't cut it.
Now, if you get into 38th parallel, Thousand Foot Krutch, POD, and stuff like that, it's more appealing. It really turns us on. But you don't hear that stuff on the radio, do you? No, because it would appeal to men, and men might start listening to Christian music if they knew that it was good, and that would make more manly, stronger Christian men. And Satan couldn't have that, could he? No- so the "Christian" radio stations are contented to play their Rachel Lampa, SuperChick, and the like 24/7. And they create Christian men that are softies.

So I am jamming to Thousand Foot Krutch right now, before chapel. Watch out- it's Christian "Rock".

Sigh. I hate society. When, oh when, can we look forward to perfection?

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

AMEN to the brother... Kutless, TFK, 12 Stones, POD, Pillar, etc rock my face off!!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Radar said...

i'm leaving a comment to say that i do not have a comment. i hope you follow what i mean...

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home