Stress.
Here's a good quote that I got off of 'Nette's away message:
"...one dawn we come to life and one dusk we will return; but in the time between these times, i want to strike a match and watch injustice burn..."
Well, the presentation went well today. Not without a glitch, but well nonetheless. The midterm was sketchy. But, a blessing happened. There was a certain kind of knot we had to tie. This knot is the kind we use when stitching aircraft fabric to wing ribs. Well, I knew I couldn't do it. So I asked Mr. Scroggins if I could draw him a picture instead! I was smiling sheepishly, mind you. He said, "Uhhhhhhh... why don't you draw yourself a picture, instead?" So I did. And I'll be derned if I didn't take one look at that picture, take my piece of rope, and tie the knot perfectly. We had a good laugh about it.
We spent the rest of the lab cleaning the whole AS3 building. It was gross. But I was glad to do that. It really needed it.
The last person to clean that lab was Jerritt Roy. Scrogg brought it up, and talked about Jerritt for a while. That took me to an entirely different chapter of my life. Jerritt could do some truly incredible things with a rifle.
I wonder what happened to that man? Not Jerritt, but Randy. The one that showed up at LeTourneau 3+ years ago. That guy. I'm pretty sure that I am he, but we two don't seem to have much in common anymore. That's okay- I don't really miss him.
I believe I took the shortest shower I have ever taken today. Maybe.... three minutes. Between Senate and the presentation. That was insane. I made it to class with about ten seconds to spare. Mr. Foulk had not received the electronic presentation I submitted to him at 1:10 this morning. He was upset about that, and suggested that I had not submitted it at all. But I let him know that I had, and that I got a message that said he'd received it. Josie chimed in that the same thing happened to her, so all was well, Mr. Foulk just saved my file and sync'd it to his computer. Nifty stuff.
So:
Friday--thermo test, inspections notebook, buying, football evangelism!
Saturday--fall fest!
Sunday--my turn to teach the large group Sunday school time.. first time ever
Monday--online test for inspections
Tuesday--two tests and a paper.
Nuts! And tonight I need to grade those labs so that those students can take their midterm. That is something I have to do by tomorrow... geesh.
"...one dawn we come to life and one dusk we will return; but in the time between these times, i want to strike a match and watch injustice burn..."
Well, the presentation went well today. Not without a glitch, but well nonetheless. The midterm was sketchy. But, a blessing happened. There was a certain kind of knot we had to tie. This knot is the kind we use when stitching aircraft fabric to wing ribs. Well, I knew I couldn't do it. So I asked Mr. Scroggins if I could draw him a picture instead! I was smiling sheepishly, mind you. He said, "Uhhhhhhh... why don't you draw yourself a picture, instead?" So I did. And I'll be derned if I didn't take one look at that picture, take my piece of rope, and tie the knot perfectly. We had a good laugh about it.
We spent the rest of the lab cleaning the whole AS3 building. It was gross. But I was glad to do that. It really needed it.
The last person to clean that lab was Jerritt Roy. Scrogg brought it up, and talked about Jerritt for a while. That took me to an entirely different chapter of my life. Jerritt could do some truly incredible things with a rifle.
I wonder what happened to that man? Not Jerritt, but Randy. The one that showed up at LeTourneau 3+ years ago. That guy. I'm pretty sure that I am he, but we two don't seem to have much in common anymore. That's okay- I don't really miss him.
I believe I took the shortest shower I have ever taken today. Maybe.... three minutes. Between Senate and the presentation. That was insane. I made it to class with about ten seconds to spare. Mr. Foulk had not received the electronic presentation I submitted to him at 1:10 this morning. He was upset about that, and suggested that I had not submitted it at all. But I let him know that I had, and that I got a message that said he'd received it. Josie chimed in that the same thing happened to her, so all was well, Mr. Foulk just saved my file and sync'd it to his computer. Nifty stuff.
So:
Friday--thermo test, inspections notebook, buying, football evangelism!
Saturday--fall fest!
Sunday--my turn to teach the large group Sunday school time.. first time ever
Monday--online test for inspections
Tuesday--two tests and a paper.
Nuts! And tonight I need to grade those labs so that those students can take their midterm. That is something I have to do by tomorrow... geesh.


1 Comments:
Wow, Randy, your present drama reminds me vividly of many of my own weeks in school. Keep yourself moving through the tasks. As a character in Lewis' Till We Have Faces said, "no one can be sad while they’re using wrist and hand and eye and every muscle of their body."
If you will, give Mr. Foulk and Mr. Scroggins my greetings.
Hey, i remember Jarrett's rifle show. That was impressive. I was in awe. Did he place for a prize, to your memory?
Awww, fall fest is here already! I wish i could be there. Some of my favorite moments took place on this coming weekend. perhaps i'll open up my journals to read about fall fests past. I'll miss the show, too. Hope you'll have time to tell us who did what.
Well, keep on, busy man. try to relax and just get stuff done. What you're going through is not more than you can handle. I"ll be praying for you too.
Post a Comment
<< Home