Bob Dylan
Bob is singing on my computer again.
And I am going to quote it.
Watch out, make sure that you're not this person:
Once upon a time,
you dressed so fine.
Threw the bums a dime,
in your prime,
Didn't you?
People called, said,
"Beware, doll,
You're bound to fall."
You thought they were all
Kiddin' you?
You used to
laugh about
Everybody that was
Hangin' out.
Now you don't talk so loud.
Now you don't seem so proud.
About having to be scrounging
Your next meal!
How does it feel?
How does it feel?
To be without a home?
Like a complete unknown?
Like a rolling stone.
You never turned around
to see the frowns
on the jugglers and the clowns
when they all did tricks for you.
You never understood
that it ain't no good.
Shouldn't let other people
get your kicks for you.
You used to ride on a chrome horse
with your diplomat,
who carried on his shoulder
a Siamese cat.
Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at?
After he took from you everything
he could steal?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
TO BE ON YOUR OWN?
NO DIRECTION HOME?
LIKE A COMPLETE UNKNOWN?
LIKE A ROLLING STONE!
Well, the hard parts of today are pretty much over. Can't decide about the football game tonight. And then another topic came up last night. And I don't know how I feel about that, either. I mean, gosh... flood of thoughts. I am feel like throwing my hands up and saying "I dunno!"
But I try not to do that anymore. "I don't know" never got anybody anywhere. If you don't know, then figure it out. Just DON'T BE apathetic!
And I am going to quote it.
Watch out, make sure that you're not this person:
Once upon a time,
you dressed so fine.
Threw the bums a dime,
in your prime,
Didn't you?
People called, said,
"Beware, doll,
You're bound to fall."
You thought they were all
Kiddin' you?
You used to
laugh about
Everybody that was
Hangin' out.
Now you don't talk so loud.
Now you don't seem so proud.
About having to be scrounging
Your next meal!
How does it feel?
How does it feel?
To be without a home?
Like a complete unknown?
Like a rolling stone.
You never turned around
to see the frowns
on the jugglers and the clowns
when they all did tricks for you.
You never understood
that it ain't no good.
Shouldn't let other people
get your kicks for you.
You used to ride on a chrome horse
with your diplomat,
who carried on his shoulder
a Siamese cat.
Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at?
After he took from you everything
he could steal?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
TO BE ON YOUR OWN?
NO DIRECTION HOME?
LIKE A COMPLETE UNKNOWN?
LIKE A ROLLING STONE!
Well, the hard parts of today are pretty much over. Can't decide about the football game tonight. And then another topic came up last night. And I don't know how I feel about that, either. I mean, gosh... flood of thoughts. I am feel like throwing my hands up and saying "I dunno!"
But I try not to do that anymore. "I don't know" never got anybody anywhere. If you don't know, then figure it out. Just DON'T BE apathetic!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home