Buon Giorno
Good morning. It's 6:03am, and here I sit, at the ROC.
I decided NOT to make coffee this morning, as no one ever drinks it, and it's a waste of time and resource.
And then I look around and the untold megawatts of electricity we're burning so that six people in three hours can walk around the track. And I think a pot of coffe is a waste of resources?
This place is creepy in the mornings. Especially in the dark.
Back to what I wanted to post about. Two things.
First, it's funny how much I talk to myself when I get up way early. I looked for my car out loud this morning, as if to justify being unable to find it to anyone within earshot. There wasn't anyone within earshot. And I don't owe them an explanation for circling the lot, looking for my car. It's a parking lot- any idiot could figure out what I was doing.
Second, another guy thing. In the vein of thinknig about how was as men are, I had another realization this morning, in the cool dark of my room at 5:32. I was suddenly tempted to leave my celephone behind. As I often am, I might add. Then reason set in, and I thought, "The LAST thing I should be doing is going around some of the worse parts of Longview without a cell phone." So I brought it. But I am frequently tempted to leave it. As if to say, "I am no sissy. I don't need that bloomin' umbilical cord. I solve my own problems."
Which is both a truth, and a falsehood, simultaneously.
Okay, I'll leave you with that. Time to grade papers!!!
I decided NOT to make coffee this morning, as no one ever drinks it, and it's a waste of time and resource.
And then I look around and the untold megawatts of electricity we're burning so that six people in three hours can walk around the track. And I think a pot of coffe is a waste of resources?
This place is creepy in the mornings. Especially in the dark.
Back to what I wanted to post about. Two things.
First, it's funny how much I talk to myself when I get up way early. I looked for my car out loud this morning, as if to justify being unable to find it to anyone within earshot. There wasn't anyone within earshot. And I don't owe them an explanation for circling the lot, looking for my car. It's a parking lot- any idiot could figure out what I was doing.
Second, another guy thing. In the vein of thinknig about how was as men are, I had another realization this morning, in the cool dark of my room at 5:32. I was suddenly tempted to leave my celephone behind. As I often am, I might add. Then reason set in, and I thought, "The LAST thing I should be doing is going around some of the worse parts of Longview without a cell phone." So I brought it. But I am frequently tempted to leave it. As if to say, "I am no sissy. I don't need that bloomin' umbilical cord. I solve my own problems."
Which is both a truth, and a falsehood, simultaneously.
Okay, I'll leave you with that. Time to grade papers!!!


1 Comments:
have a wonderful train ride tomorrow...Hap Hap Happy Birthday to your Dad! Take care and hope you have a wonderful weekend full of laughter and joy.
Post a Comment
<< Home