The Drugs Don't work.
"...But if you wanna show, just let me know-
And I'll sing in your ear again.
Now the drugs don't work,
They just make you worse.
But I know I'll see your face again."
-Verve Pipe, The Drugs Don't Work
Lord, if You saw this coming (and I know You did, even though I could not have), then I thank you for removing that person from my life. There are people... I shouldn't have been hanging out with... those years ago... and now they're all gone. They're somewhere, but not inside my life, I mean.
I was thinking about that, last night. After I got off the phone with Angela, and started to think about the new friends I made this summer. Then I started to think about the new friends I've made since starting at LeTourneau.
Then I started to think about the friends I had before I came to LeTourneau. And then I realized-
I don't have any of the friends I had when I got here.
They've all withered away.
Every single one.
I could name names, but what's the point? No one that knows I have a blog (okay, except one person) would know who any of the names belonged to.
That's crazy.
That's allright- I don't think I am worse off for it. Most of those people weren't enriching my life... weren't glorifying to the Lord.
Sigh.
Tomorrow, I start work at the ROC. 6am!!!! Woohoo!!!!
I may become a coffee junkie.
And I'll sing in your ear again.
Now the drugs don't work,
They just make you worse.
But I know I'll see your face again."
-Verve Pipe, The Drugs Don't Work
Lord, if You saw this coming (and I know You did, even though I could not have), then I thank you for removing that person from my life. There are people... I shouldn't have been hanging out with... those years ago... and now they're all gone. They're somewhere, but not inside my life, I mean.
I was thinking about that, last night. After I got off the phone with Angela, and started to think about the new friends I made this summer. Then I started to think about the new friends I've made since starting at LeTourneau.
Then I started to think about the friends I had before I came to LeTourneau. And then I realized-
I don't have any of the friends I had when I got here.
They've all withered away.
Every single one.
I could name names, but what's the point? No one that knows I have a blog (okay, except one person) would know who any of the names belonged to.
That's crazy.
That's allright- I don't think I am worse off for it. Most of those people weren't enriching my life... weren't glorifying to the Lord.
Sigh.
Tomorrow, I start work at the ROC. 6am!!!! Woohoo!!!!
I may become a coffee junkie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home