Sunday, September 25, 2005

Rush.

I am being subjected to every single range of emotion right now.

I kinda wanna get away for a while.

1. Stop lying to me. When a person says that they aren't lying to you, how do you know whether they're still lying or not? Emotion: sad, betrayed.

2. Stop being flippant. What my plans are with that girl are of no concern to anyone but myself and her. Emotion: dismissal.

3. Stop small talking to me. People are trapped in their houses in New Orleans. People ten miles from here are still without power. There's a woman in my church's gym who is pregnant and bleeding, and now has to administer some gross medicine every four hours. And you want to talk about the sunshine? Shut up. Emotion: isolation; seclusion.

4. Your grandpa was in the mob? I could have told YOU that. And you wonder why you ended up the way you have, with no interest in being any better? Emotion: astonishment.

5. The hurricane was way milder than it was forecast to be. No tornadoes hit us. There were tornadoes in the county south of us, but none here. Emotion: relief.

6. All of the trees that were broken off were located far away from occupied parking lots. I had SPECIFICALLY prayed, "Lord, protect our cars from falling trees, or anything else that may be blowing around." Emotion: joy; confirmation; reassurance.

7. Benjamin's house is safe, even though it's in Houston. Another answer to prayer. Emotion: rallied.


Aside from those things, I am run-down and getting sick. Probably from a lack of sleep. I was proud to give up my sleep to meet the needs. But, I think it is taking a toll. I am thankful that Keith and Junior were willing to come keep me company last night. Otherwise, it would have been a very, very long night.
Poor Mark. The ladies are becoming more trouble than they're worth, in my summation. See, ONE lady is worth the trouble. Yet, somehow, they have a habit of thinking they're ALL worth some trouble to us, so they come in and make problems. As Steve would say, "Oh, come off it." There is a LOT more to life than chasing after some random girl, getting shut down, then chasing a different one. I am fulfilled NOT by the girl I walk into the room with, thank you.
I always saw myself married to the "trophy wife." And I thought I had that in the bag. Now, instead of marrying someone that everyone else loves, I know I need someone who actually loves ME. Someone who will actually work through the times when she doesn't LIKE me, rather than just giving up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home