Thoughts and Attitudes
Maybe I am just a flirt by nature.
Sigh.
Anyhow, while I am thinking about it: for what it's worth, deeper thoughts DO exist in my head than those I posted the other night. It's just that those thoughts are what I was thinking about at the time, so I wrote about them.
So I got a jury duty summons. And they say that being out of state is no excuse. Mom said she'd work on it- thanks, mom!!!
I love it here. I think my parents should move here. Fat chance.
So, I have realized that I judged someone too harshly. But then, Dwayne pointed out the other day that, as Christians, we should be judging constantly. Which, taken at face value, seems to directly contradict what we were instructed: "Do not judge, lest ye be judged." However, considered further, it may not contradict. We are certainly responsible for the decisions we make, many of which require considerable judgment, even of the character of another man or woman. When I meet a woman, I must judge whether or not her character is... marriage worthy. NOT that I consider any woman for marriage straight off the bat! But you know what I mean.
Please, leave a comment.
And Tank, no, you weren't reading in tongues, I wrote that in English. I didn't figure it would do much good to leave it in Italian.
Everyone, have a blessed week, and pray for me (safety, money to go to school, deepening faith, whatever else you can think of) as I pray for you.
Sigh.
Anyhow, while I am thinking about it: for what it's worth, deeper thoughts DO exist in my head than those I posted the other night. It's just that those thoughts are what I was thinking about at the time, so I wrote about them.
So I got a jury duty summons. And they say that being out of state is no excuse. Mom said she'd work on it- thanks, mom!!!
I love it here. I think my parents should move here. Fat chance.
So, I have realized that I judged someone too harshly. But then, Dwayne pointed out the other day that, as Christians, we should be judging constantly. Which, taken at face value, seems to directly contradict what we were instructed: "Do not judge, lest ye be judged." However, considered further, it may not contradict. We are certainly responsible for the decisions we make, many of which require considerable judgment, even of the character of another man or woman. When I meet a woman, I must judge whether or not her character is... marriage worthy. NOT that I consider any woman for marriage straight off the bat! But you know what I mean.
Please, leave a comment.
And Tank, no, you weren't reading in tongues, I wrote that in English. I didn't figure it would do much good to leave it in Italian.
Everyone, have a blessed week, and pray for me (safety, money to go to school, deepening faith, whatever else you can think of) as I pray for you.


1 Comments:
Shoot. One of these days I'm gonna get a spiritual gift.
Post a Comment
<< Home