Sometimes, I am too much like dad.
Sometimes, I am too much like mom.
Sometimes, I am too much like Mike.
Sometimes, I am too much like Bowen.
Sometimes, I am too much like Janet.
Sometimes, I am too much like grandpa.
Sometimes, I am too much like grandmother.
Sometimes, I am too much like Curtis.
Sometimes, I am too much like Steve Urkel.
Other times, I am just too much like me.
And never am I enough like Jesus.
You'll never be half as bad-butt as you think you are. I am so tired of your routine. Just because you spent a few months with a rough crowd, you think you've "seen the way of the world" now. Well, let me break it to you- you haven't. You have no idea what I was like five years ago. On your baddest "Billy bad-butt" day, I still make you look like a pansy. It's not something I am proud of. But don't cop that "I am badder than you" attitude with me, lest I fall back into my old ways and put you in your place. And make a fool out of both of us.
People on my floor- nay, in my social circle- think that I am woefully liberal. I suppose it's because of where I went to college before LeTourneau. Dallas is a very liberal city, especially among the college-aged crowd.
They think I'm off in the out field. But really, I view it more like reality, and less like their happy little conservative Christian bubble. The bubble they've been raised in all their lives. The bubble that they don't know even exists.
Different people have different realities. Some people call it a worldview. But a false reality is not a worldview. It's just a trick you allow to be played on yourself.
For crying out loud, I don't care what you think. I don't care if I was too this or too that for you. Too friendly to be your friend. Too nice to be taken seriously. To crude and rude to be lovable. Too astray to be worth leading back onto the straight and narrow.
I don't care what you think, because I know that, to Jesus, I am always worth it. I know that I am pretty scummy sometimes- a lot of times. And Jesus doesn't like it. But He paid for it nonetheless. He paid for it all. And loves me even when I hurt Him.
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
I was given the dirtiest looks this morning when I said, "Good morning," and "Can I help you?" and "How are you?"
Is it a crime to love on people a little bit? To show people- indeed, strangers- that you care?
Make a difference, whoever you are reading this stupid blog. Make a difference in someone's day. Be the FIRST to smile at them, or if they smile at you first, make an effort to strike up a conversation and spread a bit of the good ol' Agape around.
Sometimes, I am too much like mom.
Sometimes, I am too much like Mike.
Sometimes, I am too much like Bowen.
Sometimes, I am too much like Janet.
Sometimes, I am too much like grandpa.
Sometimes, I am too much like grandmother.
Sometimes, I am too much like Curtis.
Sometimes, I am too much like Steve Urkel.
Other times, I am just too much like me.
And never am I enough like Jesus.
You'll never be half as bad-butt as you think you are. I am so tired of your routine. Just because you spent a few months with a rough crowd, you think you've "seen the way of the world" now. Well, let me break it to you- you haven't. You have no idea what I was like five years ago. On your baddest "Billy bad-butt" day, I still make you look like a pansy. It's not something I am proud of. But don't cop that "I am badder than you" attitude with me, lest I fall back into my old ways and put you in your place. And make a fool out of both of us.
People on my floor- nay, in my social circle- think that I am woefully liberal. I suppose it's because of where I went to college before LeTourneau. Dallas is a very liberal city, especially among the college-aged crowd.
They think I'm off in the out field. But really, I view it more like reality, and less like their happy little conservative Christian bubble. The bubble they've been raised in all their lives. The bubble that they don't know even exists.
Different people have different realities. Some people call it a worldview. But a false reality is not a worldview. It's just a trick you allow to be played on yourself.
For crying out loud, I don't care what you think. I don't care if I was too this or too that for you. Too friendly to be your friend. Too nice to be taken seriously. To crude and rude to be lovable. Too astray to be worth leading back onto the straight and narrow.
I don't care what you think, because I know that, to Jesus, I am always worth it. I know that I am pretty scummy sometimes- a lot of times. And Jesus doesn't like it. But He paid for it nonetheless. He paid for it all. And loves me even when I hurt Him.
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
I was given the dirtiest looks this morning when I said, "Good morning," and "Can I help you?" and "How are you?"
Is it a crime to love on people a little bit? To show people- indeed, strangers- that you care?
Make a difference, whoever you are reading this stupid blog. Make a difference in someone's day. Be the FIRST to smile at them, or if they smile at you first, make an effort to strike up a conversation and spread a bit of the good ol' Agape around.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home