Monday, December 13, 2004

Finals

"We're gonna have a good time tonight.
Let's celebrate-
It's allright!

Said,
We're gonna have a good time tonight.
Let's celebrate-
It's allright!

Celebration, COME ON!"

The saddest thing is that that was the most hip (hippest?) song they played at my prom. Oh well.
Finals week is here- midnight breakfast is already over. There's nothing left to look forward to, except the end.
It's good. To look forward to the end. The end is coming about two weeks too late... depending on how you look at it. In some ways, this semester should never have happened. Felt that way back in October. But, good things have come from this semester, and so I wouldn't give it back for anything.

What a weird ride this has been, socially. I learned that, no matter how hard you try, people you "don't like" are still going to enter your life, rub you the wrong way, make your beliefs look dumb at the dinner table... I guess that about sums it up. I learned that some friends aren't in it for the long run- and others are! I learned that I didn't know what I thought I knew about some of my own beliefs. I learned that sometimes, you can't force things, no matter how interested you were in the first place. I learned that people are weird- and that's just the normal ones. Others are beyond weird, and delve into an entire new realm of oddity. 'Strange' seems like such a mild word for some folks. I suppose that I fit into that category once in a while.
Valuable lessons, all of them. I hope I don't forget them over time.

You know, when we come back in a few weeks, things won't be the way they are now. At least, that's the way it looks. Something I assumed (planned? hoped? Didn't know I had to think about?) would stay the same... looks like it's about to change. I prayed about it. I said, "Uh, this is not my idea of... what I want, but if it's important to You, I guess just do whatever..." That was yesterday, when I had no idea what the deal was. But I slept on it, and thought about things, and I think it's gonna be allright. It still isn't my choice. The funny thign is that throughout all this, people seem to think that How I feel is not important. Let me validate that statement. The fact that I am happy with the way things are and don't want to switch around, well, they say I should do it anyway- to make THEM happy! WHATEVER!
Some of the most ridiculous, self-centered statements have been made. They were so stupid that I laughed out loud, at the time! It's like, "If I had said that, I would never hear the end of it! Yet you get to say something that dumb?" Whatever dude.
That's one thing Matt taught me to say- "That is dumb."
And this is dumb. The dumbest.
But if it is what will make everyone happy, I am willing to at least compromise.
Ai we, quiero un'apartamento.

I am going to go to bed now, and get my four hours of sleep. Then I will wake up, eat a bowl of cereal, and study study study and take a final. Then I will study some more, and take another final. Then it will all be over- for twelve hours.
I have six finals this semester. Yuck. Seven, actually, if you count the lab final I took last week.

Goodnight, Irene, goodnight, Irene, I'll see you in my dreams.
That was random.
Matt is snoring so loudly he's shaking the shelves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home