Saturday, December 25, 2004

Buon Natale, tutti!

Buon Natale a tutti,
E per tutti una buona sera!

Well, it was a good Christmas.
I got to spend it with my family.
I got to talk to two good friends on the phone.
I am glad I talked to Chris- it was through talking to her that I realized that my grandparents did, in fact, give me a gift! Long story.

I kinda wanted to see my brother, but I didn't get to. I wanted to last year, and mentioned it, but it didn't happen... and I didn't ask why. So this year, I didn't mention it at all.

I have mixed feelings about some things right now.
Of COURSE, we had to go into this huge discussion last night (Christmas Eve) on all things religious. And no matter what I do, my whole family thinks that I am a biggot, just because I won't accept and embrace what others believe.
But I believe what I believe because I choose to- not because I am forced to by some 'institution.'
There's just no way of getting them to see it that way; they think that I am a mindless automoton. Yet, they turn around and admire the Catholics for their rituals. I criticise them for being ritualistic and not having a personal relationship, and they jump on me for that, and then they claim that I am the one who is too ritualistic.

In general, Christmas was somewhat stressful. In that sense, I am glad that it is over. I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Poor mom- she had more to do than me! But she did pretty well this year... didn't seem too stressed out.

It's funny how weird people are. I want family to be family. My idea is for my brother and his mom to come over, and all of us to eat and open presents and have a great time, loving each other.

But I know that's too much to ask.
I know some of the things that happened. But honestly, that was decades ago. And, even if they are weird (I have had enough of people accusing people of being weird- takes one to know one) WHO CARES, they're family.

But they're not family. How can they be? I never see them.
I thought when we had him over two years ago, that things were going to change, and that we'd have him over all the time.
I was wrong.

Well, I am gonna go watch "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." My favorite Christmastime movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger tank said...

I'm sorry, Rowe. I know what that religion discussion is all about. Enjoy the rest of your break. Come on up here if you have time. I have a new horse that needs riding.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home