Heh.
Well, this was an interesting day.
THANKFULLY, Benjamin/UTD won the conference playoffs this weekend- now they go on to regionals! Praise the Lord!
Church was interesting. I went to two services, and then Sunday school. I wanted to compare the new, hip, all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips "Contemporary" service to the old-fashioned 8:15am service. It was an interesting comparison. Were I only able to go to one service (like any normal person would do), neither would be my preference. Since the introduction of the new contemporary service, they have made the traditional service... too traditional. It's all hymns (which are great, and most of the reason I wanted to go in the first place). But It's a little stodgy. Then, sitting through the contemp service, I was able to see just how abbreviated it actually is. We only sing hip new songs, and only take part in activities that modern Christians consider "cool". No responsive reading. Not a hymn to be heard. And the sermon gets watered-down.
The LAST thing Tim needs to do is water down his sermons- they're usually weak enough as it is. But someone seems to have told him that the new contemporary crowd has an attention span of three minutes. Because we don't linger on anything for longer than about three minutes.
Frustrating.
After forty days of community is over... I may seek to worship God elsewhere. I like the ideas that Adam has... yet somehow I think the church just... churchifies them.
Well, Materials Technology is still a dumb course. Turns out the test was harder than any of us thought it was after we took it. The class average ended up at about a 51%. I griped my way into a B this morning. Rightfully- I got the answer right, and he could not explain why he counted off, so he gave me due credit. But it's weird.
Well, I should get something done.
R
THANKFULLY, Benjamin/UTD won the conference playoffs this weekend- now they go on to regionals! Praise the Lord!
Church was interesting. I went to two services, and then Sunday school. I wanted to compare the new, hip, all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips "Contemporary" service to the old-fashioned 8:15am service. It was an interesting comparison. Were I only able to go to one service (like any normal person would do), neither would be my preference. Since the introduction of the new contemporary service, they have made the traditional service... too traditional. It's all hymns (which are great, and most of the reason I wanted to go in the first place). But It's a little stodgy. Then, sitting through the contemp service, I was able to see just how abbreviated it actually is. We only sing hip new songs, and only take part in activities that modern Christians consider "cool". No responsive reading. Not a hymn to be heard. And the sermon gets watered-down.
The LAST thing Tim needs to do is water down his sermons- they're usually weak enough as it is. But someone seems to have told him that the new contemporary crowd has an attention span of three minutes. Because we don't linger on anything for longer than about three minutes.
Frustrating.
After forty days of community is over... I may seek to worship God elsewhere. I like the ideas that Adam has... yet somehow I think the church just... churchifies them.
Well, Materials Technology is still a dumb course. Turns out the test was harder than any of us thought it was after we took it. The class average ended up at about a 51%. I griped my way into a B this morning. Rightfully- I got the answer right, and he could not explain why he counted off, so he gave me due credit. But it's weird.
Well, I should get something done.
R


1 Comments:
George Clooney....sexy sexy! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home