Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gasp!

Oh Lord, oh LORD-
DO NOT let me do what my twisted, corrupt heart wants. I know the plans I make for myself; I know that without even actively thinking about it, I have sinful ulterior motives.
Forgive me, father. I know I'm not right. And I fall very, very short of Your standards.
But for the blood of the Lamb, folks... but for the blood.

Anyhow, on a lighter note, here's a thought/idea/feeling I had tonight:

We all need people that brighten up our lives.
Fortunately, I've had several of those lately.
The last couple of weeks were killers, absolute dog days. But Benjamin, Calvin, Mark, and I got each other through them.
AND I got to meet some incredible guys this weekend at Sam's wedding, and I look forward to investing in some friendships there.
Whew.

My reservation is the separation that looms ominously. After graduation, things will be so different, and I won't have these friends of faith to lean on. What am I to do then?
I don't want to make new friends- I want to keep the ones I've already got. Forever. Throughout eternity.

We've been through too much to just say, "Well, have a nice life, folks."

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

in full agreement with last sentence.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home