Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ichtyologically Impossible.

So I am kickin' back at the ROC, listening to Sharene, wondering why I am awake at 6:04 am. Heck, why was I awake at 5:15 am? But, I AM eating left over Halloween candy, so it's not all bad.
I'd better get some of the regulars today, or I will be disappointed.

So, in the news...
A man in Denver is suing Home Depot for $3mil. Why? Because he got glued to a toilet seat. And they didn't believe him. The paramedics had to come in and unbolt the toilet seat. "It's not about the money," he says, but about his pain, humiliation, and suffering. He wants to "make sure it doesn't happen to anyone ever, ever again."
If it's not about the money, oh wounded saint, then why, OH WHY, are you seeking THREE MILLION DOLLARS? Simple- because it IS about the money.
Especially now that it turns out you tried the same thing in a city building in 2003. Except that time, some guy believed you, and went in later only to find that there WAS NO GLUE on the seat. So this time, you figured you'd better bring your glue along, huh?
I hate this. Do people everywhere abuse their own system, the system that thousands of men died for? Or is it just here? It seems like just here.
Sigh.

In other news...
Gregg County (the one that lovely Longviiiiew was graciously placed... cough) Voted 89.92 percent to ban gay marriage. That said, only 19.97 percent of registered voters even showed up. SHAME! See above topic, "thousands of men died for..." Not to mention, my eighth grade teacher said she's come back and haunt us if we didn't vote at every opportunity. She's not dead yet, which makes it an ever greater threat.
Anyhow, the paper goes on to list the comments and complaints of several pro-gay leaders both in the state in general and also in east Texas. They include on little blip from the director of Pray Longview who says it isn't about legislating morality, but it's about the definition of marriage as defined in the Bible.

Well, the first two walkers of the day just showed up. And Sharene is on her tenth song. So I must go. The Thermo quiz becons me to take it. Some smart guy got a 3 of 5, so things aren't looking good for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home