Uh-oh.
I think I figured out that dream.
Through a three hour conversation with Keith, of all things. We were talking about all sorts of things spiritual. Weird things that happen. He was glad to hear what I had to say on the subject. So I decided to start sharing about that dream (the recent one) and the ones I had last year, which were a different caliber of terrifying altogether. At least I'm not waking up screaming any more. That really annoyed my roommate, I suspect.
I am not sure I want to share what I think that dream was about, but I will go ahead for the benefit of Michael et al. Because now I know. I know why he wasn't shooting back at me. Oh this is all too hard. He (the good guy) wouldn't try hard enough to kill me (the bad guy). And I (the bad guy) insisted on trying too hard to kill him (the good guy).
It makes sense now. Now, it works through logically from either direction.
Now it makes sense as to how I knew the other guy (standing next to me) was evil.
Now it makes sense why he wasn't shooting me back.
Now I know why I felt that I had known him a long time ago, but didn't know who he was any more.
Now I know why I felt such a loss... such a flood of loss... such a rush of loss... when he died.
And the kicker?
Now I know why he was wearing my shirt.
It's because he was me.
God is calling me on my own sin. Praise His name!
This dream, now that it makes sense, is far more terrifying awake than it was puzzling while asleep.
If you want further explanation, call me. I might give it to you.
And if you're reading this and getting way freaked out, well... read something else.
Yes, Keith, spiritual warfare does exist.
Through a three hour conversation with Keith, of all things. We were talking about all sorts of things spiritual. Weird things that happen. He was glad to hear what I had to say on the subject. So I decided to start sharing about that dream (the recent one) and the ones I had last year, which were a different caliber of terrifying altogether. At least I'm not waking up screaming any more. That really annoyed my roommate, I suspect.
I am not sure I want to share what I think that dream was about, but I will go ahead for the benefit of Michael et al. Because now I know. I know why he wasn't shooting back at me. Oh this is all too hard. He (the good guy) wouldn't try hard enough to kill me (the bad guy). And I (the bad guy) insisted on trying too hard to kill him (the good guy).
It makes sense now. Now, it works through logically from either direction.
Now it makes sense as to how I knew the other guy (standing next to me) was evil.
Now it makes sense why he wasn't shooting me back.
Now I know why I felt that I had known him a long time ago, but didn't know who he was any more.
Now I know why I felt such a loss... such a flood of loss... such a rush of loss... when he died.
And the kicker?
Now I know why he was wearing my shirt.
It's because he was me.
God is calling me on my own sin. Praise His name!
This dream, now that it makes sense, is far more terrifying awake than it was puzzling while asleep.
If you want further explanation, call me. I might give it to you.
And if you're reading this and getting way freaked out, well... read something else.
Yes, Keith, spiritual warfare does exist.


2 Comments:
the misfortune about these blog things is that only the author knows the whole story.
i'm left hanging.
what activity in your spiritual life prompted such a dream?
so the old, bad spiritual you conquered the now, good spiritual you. howcome?
yep
im prayin for ya Rondo
i learn a new word every time i make a comment
todays word is:
hbdzuk - (n.) an illegal drug that originated in northestern Mongolia. It is a powerful hallucinogen that can be either smoked or snorted.
Post a Comment
<< Home