ACTUAL thoughts for today
So after all those pics, it's time to make a real post.
First off, I should say that today's big hug from Shane Beans was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, I think he needed more... hard, hard times... please pray. Many problems can be fixed by a small exchange of sympathy; Many more cannot. But, I felt better anyway. AND, if nothing else, I can ALWAYS LISTEN.
I have no way to compare to what Jesus felt. But for the last two years, I have developed an understanding of being overwhelmed. The needs are so great; my time is so little. I need to listen to Beaner, to help him out. I need to listen to the freshman on my floor who is a MESS (by some people's standards). I need to listen to a few other people, like Janet, who has had big surgery.
And I need to fulfill my responsibilities to the church.
And I need to be a good grader. I am grading THREE classes now. Geesh!
And I need to pay attention to MY OWN CLASSES!
And MY OWN relationship with Christ.
Please pray for Allison- she's a student nurse in Tyler. They're put her in charge at the hospital, and she's got waaaay too much for a person to do. And she says that she's never seen people in this bad shape before- except on the mission field. SO- pray that she will be able to touch souls, and maintain her own sanity.
The need is so great; the workers are so few.
So few.
First off, I should say that today's big hug from Shane Beans was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, I think he needed more... hard, hard times... please pray. Many problems can be fixed by a small exchange of sympathy; Many more cannot. But, I felt better anyway. AND, if nothing else, I can ALWAYS LISTEN.
I have no way to compare to what Jesus felt. But for the last two years, I have developed an understanding of being overwhelmed. The needs are so great; my time is so little. I need to listen to Beaner, to help him out. I need to listen to the freshman on my floor who is a MESS (by some people's standards). I need to listen to a few other people, like Janet, who has had big surgery.
And I need to fulfill my responsibilities to the church.
And I need to be a good grader. I am grading THREE classes now. Geesh!
And I need to pay attention to MY OWN CLASSES!
And MY OWN relationship with Christ.
Please pray for Allison- she's a student nurse in Tyler. They're put her in charge at the hospital, and she's got waaaay too much for a person to do. And she says that she's never seen people in this bad shape before- except on the mission field. SO- pray that she will be able to touch souls, and maintain her own sanity.
The need is so great; the workers are so few.
So few.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home