Noti di Chiesa
So church was good today. It was nice to go to a large church where only a few people know me; I could worship in exactly the style I want to, as I felt lead to.
I realize that I should worship that way anywhere. But, generally, I feel constrained to match the mood of the congregation I am standing in. I mean, when I am at chapel at school, I generally do what everyone else does. When I come home, I worship the way Baptists typically do. But today, at Prestonwood, I did exactly what I wanted. Benjamin doesn't judge. Shayne might, but I can live with that. And really, Shayne is not the kind to judge anyway.
So, notes:
Life is not a solo act. You have no business singing solo; neither have you any business living solo.
"The church is a strange menagerie of men from all strata of life." -Pastor Graham
When you die, you want family and friends around- not diplomas.
God finishes what He starts.
Pray for knowledgeable and truthful love, rather than blind love.
The most extreme makeover is when Jesus comes into a man's heart.
"You are either a saint or an ain't." -Pastor Graham
Song quote that touched me today:
"Thou, O Lord, are a shield to me;
The Glory,
And Lifter of my hand!"
And so, I ask: God is not finished with me yet, so please be patient. I don't treat my friends perfectly. I sometimes don't' take their interests into consideration in discussions.
I am going to evening church (first time in... two years!!! Woohoo!) and then driving back to Longview. Yuck.
Have a good Sunday evening.
I realize that I should worship that way anywhere. But, generally, I feel constrained to match the mood of the congregation I am standing in. I mean, when I am at chapel at school, I generally do what everyone else does. When I come home, I worship the way Baptists typically do. But today, at Prestonwood, I did exactly what I wanted. Benjamin doesn't judge. Shayne might, but I can live with that. And really, Shayne is not the kind to judge anyway.
So, notes:
Life is not a solo act. You have no business singing solo; neither have you any business living solo.
"The church is a strange menagerie of men from all strata of life." -Pastor Graham
When you die, you want family and friends around- not diplomas.
God finishes what He starts.
Pray for knowledgeable and truthful love, rather than blind love.
The most extreme makeover is when Jesus comes into a man's heart.
"You are either a saint or an ain't." -Pastor Graham
Song quote that touched me today:
"Thou, O Lord, are a shield to me;
The Glory,
And Lifter of my hand!"
And so, I ask: God is not finished with me yet, so please be patient. I don't treat my friends perfectly. I sometimes don't' take their interests into consideration in discussions.
I am going to evening church (first time in... two years!!! Woohoo!) and then driving back to Longview. Yuck.
Have a good Sunday evening.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home