Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Imminent.

After not talking to him for about a year, here's what Aroc had to say this morning:

:imminent!
:you're in imminent danger!
:from face melting!
:melting of the faces watch out oh nose!

That was interesting. Thank you, oh Aroc, for the warning. I don't know where I would be without you to keep me out of facial destruction.

So I am sitting here, NOT doing my inspections homework for class in ten minutes. Instead, I am listening to "The Perfect Storm" soundtrack, typing this blog. These songs bring back a lot. I haven't listened to them in a long, long time.
No worries- no sentiment or wistful thoughts here.
Some things are like writing on a $5 bill- can't go into that territory. Others are not- I can listen to this music now and not lose my constitution.

People are strange. I wish for those days when I thought people (Christians, anyway) were basically good, and made the right decisions most of the time. I'm not sure anymore. Some certainly don't.

Please pray harder for the guy that I am witnessing to. It seems to me more like he's looking for reasons to prove God wrong, rather than being willing to let God prove Himself.

Not that God is obligated to prove Himself more than He already has. But you know what I mean. You know what this guy is doing.

Sigh.

At least I am in good spirits today.
Leave a comment, I am pushing it to make it to class on time.
R

2 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

This entry is your recent best. You packed alot of thought into it. I don't know who Aroc is, and I haven't heard The Perfect Storm soundtrack, but the rest of it i followed in awe.
This phrase was incredible -"Some things are like writing on a $5 bill- can't go into that territory. Others are not- I can listen to this music now and not lose my constitution." I too have to be careful what i listen to and think about when i go places.
People are driven by a dirty, rotten heart. What good comes out of us is by the gifts of God's spirit within.
Seems to me that Shane too is in the business of proving God wrong.

i'm glad you sacrificed Inspections homework for this :-)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Radar said...

another one. my camera is too simple to change shutter speed. i'll be looking out more and finding pictures on the internet for you that come close to what I see.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home