Chagrined Tribute
While I am thinking about it, I'll take a pause to remember 9-11-01.
That was four years ago today.
If you had told me on that day where I'd be four years later, I would have laughed in your face.
I am no longer in any of the situations I was in at that time.
And I am such a different person.
But part of me is the same.
A small part.
Anyhow, four years later, and what have we learned?
Our country (this sounds like a Jared Kresge quote, but it comes out of my fingers) is more debauched than ever before. In the last four years, we have recovered our economy, and become increasingly hedonistic all the while.
And, relax folks, this just in:
The TSA has now decided to allow ice picks onto airliners.
We have learned nothing, in summary. The government has gone further downhill, and the citizens have as well. We're shooting at rescue helicopters. We're arresting Christian protest participants.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go steal $20 from my roommate's wallet to help make my new SUV payment.
That was four years ago today.
If you had told me on that day where I'd be four years later, I would have laughed in your face.
I am no longer in any of the situations I was in at that time.
And I am such a different person.
But part of me is the same.
A small part.
Anyhow, four years later, and what have we learned?
Our country (this sounds like a Jared Kresge quote, but it comes out of my fingers) is more debauched than ever before. In the last four years, we have recovered our economy, and become increasingly hedonistic all the while.
And, relax folks, this just in:
The TSA has now decided to allow ice picks onto airliners.
We have learned nothing, in summary. The government has gone further downhill, and the citizens have as well. We're shooting at rescue helicopters. We're arresting Christian protest participants.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go steal $20 from my roommate's wallet to help make my new SUV payment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home