Saturday, September 10, 2005

Nun

I am sitting here, blasting a Bush song... Mouth. This brings back memories.

This was a waste of a day. I didn't get anything done, except for a little bit of AeroSci work.

I had a few thoughts today. But nothing comes to mind.

Oh, I can put up a quote. I am thinking about starting a place to put up dumb engineering student quotes. It's funny. For the past three years, the engineering students (indeed, even my 'friends' on my floor) have told me that they're smarter than us tech guys, and that us tech guys aren't "real" engineers and will never amount to much.
And yet THEY are the ones that ask the dumbest questions in our new combined thermodynamics class.

The quote of the week, given by an anonymous "real" engineering student in class Friday:
"Uh, Dr. Ayers, is a vapor the same thing as a gas?"

Classic.



I realized tonight, as I walked from the fertile flats to my dorm, that I miss the people that aren't here anymore. Ben Wielenga is who I was thinking about at first, because I saw a Honda just like his. But then I started to think about other people. People that made LeTourneau what it was three years ago.

People make a place.
When the people are gone, so is the place.

I think my buddy Giovanni is feeling something like this right now. Jared is gone, and so is just about everybody else. And now, the place is starting to disappear.


Sigh. Time for sleep.

So there is one person that I can't seem to get away from. I keep running into him, no matter how random it is. I have bumped into him (literally) twice in SAGA in the last two weeks. Strange. BUT- I went out of my way to be polite, in spite of any past... unpleasantries. Because there is no excuse for being a jerk.


How is it that I always end up bummed (read: depressed) during the fall semester? And why is it that it has happened within the first two weeks this time, rather than taking until late September or early October to set in?

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

thanks for the subtle inspiration that your blog gave me this afternoon. i like to see that you're transitioning back to LeTu life despite the bumps. Adapt to change, you will.
keep writing about them.
i was out on the hill when you called.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home