Monday, April 18, 2005

Sigh.

WHAT a day.
Right now, I am frustrated and confused.
This day has been a roller-coaster.
The take home test was a killer. BUT- I got it finished. It definitely took several of us to get it handled. But we got it. But then, we might have all failed. Who knows.
Dynamics is a ridiculous class.
And then in transport cat, we had a quiz. It was hard- I only got 8 or 12. But, class average seems to have been about a five.
Then I finished the take home test. I made great comments about famous Australians at the bottom. I hope Dr. Ayers and his wife enjoy reading them. I got accused of sucking up last time I did that. Oh please. Gimme a break. If I were trying to suck up, I'd be doing a far better job of it, thank you very much.
Then I went to Saga.
THEN I got to g flying with Mark! We did no fewer than SEVEN touch-n-go's! At night! In the Duchess!
We got back around ten.
Jennie brought us a cookie cake that I had asked for. It had Elmo on it, and said great things about Penn2. I am glad Elmo still likes Penn2. Someone should.



So I was accused of being academically stupid today. Because I "stay up til 4am talking to people". Well, at least I am capable of talking to people. And odd, one of the people I sometimes talk to when I am up late is... the person that made the comment! See if I ever talk to them late at night again.
I know I took that too seriously. The original comment I made was a joke, and I suppose that he meant is as a joke too. Except that... I made the comment that one person had been academically stupid, yet this pot shot came from... someone else. WTF, mate?
I think I have been laughed at lately behind my back. Laughed at for talking to people that aren't "cool." That makes me sad. For a long time, I was not cool, and no one would talk to me. Talking about high school. Granted, I am still not very cool now, although I was a couple years ago. I seem to have fallen out of favor of late.

Funny how, sometimes, the person you once chased and tried to win approval of... turns in to the person you avoid and run away from.

You know what ticks me off? I got really mad at church Sunday. After my strange and new experience Saturday night (whoa- black people really break it down when they worship!), I was excited to worship. Because it really is something awesome.
But now I will tell you what made me so mad.
I am sick to death of people who are "too cool" to worship God.
Christians. It's like they're saying,
"I won't sing loud enough to be heard- someone might hear me singing."
"I won't clap my hands for the Lord- someone might see me clapping."
"I CERTAINLY won't hold hands with the person across the aisle when told to- someone might see me holding hands with a person of the same sex!"
Give me a break.
I have friends that are in the worship band, and they noticed the exact people I am talking about. I commented on it to Rob, after church, and he said, "No kidding- I noticed that and was gonna ask you what the heck was up."
Sorry Rob, those guys are just too cool to worship God.
Irony- they're also the ones laughing at me for talking to people that aren't cool.

Lord, I am so far from being like Christ. Even now, as I become angry at these men (boys?) that conduct themselves in this way, I realize that my own conduct leaves a lot to be desired. Please help me to be more like Your Son, and to help those around to strive for the same goal.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home