Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Answers.

Well, I found the answer.

I would rather have good relations than be right.
I would rather have good relations than to be understood.
I would rather have good relations than to prove my point.

Those problems are still there. The needs are as big as ever. Apparently, I won't get help. Now that this has kind of blown over, I think I feel like I don't want their help.
I realized the whole time that they're not really in a position to help. I think that sometimes they think I'm the ungrateful son. I'm not. The response, "We'll do what we can" would have sufficed entirely. It's all I needed.
But then, as far as being the ungrateful son, I don't really ask for much. So if they think that, well, they shouldn't.

Josh had pointed out that I will have had the experience of doing it on my own- making myself who I will be, and not owing it to anyone. That's true. But I don't want to develop a nasty ego- those also run in my family.

Certain people are beginning to lose my respect. Others are beginning to gain it. It's funny; more often than not, first impressions are correct. But once in a while, you'll surprise yourself. That's what I've learned.

My God is the God of the second chance. I am ever grateful that He gives me second chances. As we are to imitate Him, I must also pass on second chances to others.
Sometimes, I pat myself on the back because I was nice to someone who didn't 'deserve' it. And that's very good. But the REAL test of character is whether I can be nice to someone that I don't WANT to be nice to.

Good quote:
Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.
- Robert Kiyosaki

That quote is so true in my life. It's like I said last semester- I was so afraid of failing statics, that I ended up failing at success. I passed the class, but I did LETTERS below what I am capable of. Dynamics, on the other hand... ugh.

Thanks, Shayne, that's a good quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home