Friend Email Forward
Check this out.
A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.
A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names..
A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.
A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party..
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.
A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.
A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.
A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.
A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after you had a fight.
A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!
Yeah, the 'romance' thing is pretty much right on. My true friends know just exactly what I have done. Other people (like guys I THOUGHT were true friends- turns out they just wanted pointers or somethign sick I don't know) always ask about it.
Don't know about the parent's names one though. Well, I know Benjamins' parents' names. And address.... well, it's in my computer somewhere. Idlebrook. That's good enough.
The last one is the kicker for me though. "A real friend always expects to BE THERE FOR YOU." Are you getting this, people? When I am in your room, trying to figure out why you are so ticked off, REMEMBER this statement. I am trying to be your REAL FRIEND, for CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
Oh well. I have a lot of pent up emotion for this one person. I don't know why- it's not entirely rational. I think I make him my scapegoat- I put all of the bad thoughts in my head against him, suddenly they become his fault.
I don't want to go to school. I don't want to have a new roommate. I don't want to have an old roommate. I don't want to take classes. I don't want to eat saga. I don't want to live on Penn2. I don't want to be locked away on a tiny campus in the middle of a mental and spiritual bubble that is so far removed from reality that it makes me scream.
ATHEISM is reality, folks. This is what we're up against. Whether my coworker was serious about "don't say Christmas, say 'holidays'" or not, THIS is what we're up against. It's not "Well, so and so was caught consuming alcohol and I think they're going to hell and we should tell all of the LU administrators about it."
I hate the LeTourneau mindset. I hate it. It has nothing to do with life. I think that half of the students there will graduate, and then return to the bubble from whence they clearly must have originated. And they won't ever know the difference between LU life and real life in the big bad world. Maybe if they were going to witness to them or something, maybe that would burst the bubble. But most Christians don't witness to people.
I don't. I want to, but I don't.
God help me.
I quit for the night.
A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.
A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names..
A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.
A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party..
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.
A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.
A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.
A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.
A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after you had a fight.
A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!
Yeah, the 'romance' thing is pretty much right on. My true friends know just exactly what I have done. Other people (like guys I THOUGHT were true friends- turns out they just wanted pointers or somethign sick I don't know) always ask about it.
Don't know about the parent's names one though. Well, I know Benjamins' parents' names. And address.... well, it's in my computer somewhere. Idlebrook. That's good enough.
The last one is the kicker for me though. "A real friend always expects to BE THERE FOR YOU." Are you getting this, people? When I am in your room, trying to figure out why you are so ticked off, REMEMBER this statement. I am trying to be your REAL FRIEND, for CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
Oh well. I have a lot of pent up emotion for this one person. I don't know why- it's not entirely rational. I think I make him my scapegoat- I put all of the bad thoughts in my head against him, suddenly they become his fault.
I don't want to go to school. I don't want to have a new roommate. I don't want to have an old roommate. I don't want to take classes. I don't want to eat saga. I don't want to live on Penn2. I don't want to be locked away on a tiny campus in the middle of a mental and spiritual bubble that is so far removed from reality that it makes me scream.
ATHEISM is reality, folks. This is what we're up against. Whether my coworker was serious about "don't say Christmas, say 'holidays'" or not, THIS is what we're up against. It's not "Well, so and so was caught consuming alcohol and I think they're going to hell and we should tell all of the LU administrators about it."
I hate the LeTourneau mindset. I hate it. It has nothing to do with life. I think that half of the students there will graduate, and then return to the bubble from whence they clearly must have originated. And they won't ever know the difference between LU life and real life in the big bad world. Maybe if they were going to witness to them or something, maybe that would burst the bubble. But most Christians don't witness to people.
I don't. I want to, but I don't.
God help me.
I quit for the night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home