Sunday, November 28, 2004

Break?

WOW- what a break!
The park on Fourth stree is lookin' good- the trees are on fire. Maple leaves as big as my face (but not as goofy looking) are on the ground... nice time of year. I don't know about you, but it's much easier to catch a glimpse of God's divine beauty while outside, walking in a park than while here, staring at cinder-blocks.

Now, the break.
Wednesday, I drove Stuk to DFW. We ate dinner at El Fenix (my favorite). It was great. I almost made him miss his flight, but he made it.
Then, I went home. That was nice. Went to bed after reading some stuff.
Thursday, I woke up and got ready to go to Fort Worth. I love Ft W. It's my favorite big city. Way better than Dallas. ANYHOW, so we went.
There was this girl there... I had been warned. But apparently my grandmother has been trying to 'introduce' us (old-fashioned way of saying 'hook up') for two years, since we were both in Hawaii by coincidence. I managed to avoid meeting her then, but this time, her family and mine would be supping together.
IT was HORRIBLE. Her style in dress offended my mom. I was more shocked at her... personality. It was terrible! Rude, brash, harsh, ill-mannered, tacky... you name it, she was those. My sister caught her LICKING GRAVY OFF THE PALM OF HER HAND. Her dress was waaaaaay too low in front. And apparently she was wearing flip-flops. Not a carnal sin in my book, but my sister and mom tore her up over it. Haha. HOW MANY SYNONYMS ARE THERE FOR 'DISASTER'? But- I didn't have to sit next to her. Well, I guess I did, I just chose not to! I sat next to Jane and helped her with her food and stuff- far better than listening to junk about all the sororities and frats at Tech. As soon as she said, "So we were at this bar..." I tuned her out and never looked back.

BUT- Thanksgiving was great. After Ft W. with grandparents, my family saw National Treasure. GREAT movie, and VERY CLEAN.

Friday was an interesting day. I got to hang out with an old... friend. Haha, 'special friend'. That's how I was always introduced: "This is Randy, our daughter's... special friend." Wow, that inspires confidence almost as well as a fall down the stairs.
We had a blast. I did, anyway, and she seemed to as well. We went to California Pizza Kitchen (my other favorite, and a me-n-her tradition since 2000). Then we went to the airport. Then we went to Las Colinas. Ha. Ugh. But FUN, in spite of the mixed emotions. Then we went to Rob't and Rebecca's house. No one was home (awkward, except that it wasn't). Then I left. I forgot to get my CD from her. I forgot to give her something that I have meant to give her for a long time.

I learned a bit.
For the first time ever, I couldn't completely read her. It used to be funny- I could read her like a book. And she could read me, too. We always knew what the other person was getting at, even if their words tried to cover it up. But Friday was different. At one time, she said that she needed to be back by 4:15. Then, when I offered to take her somewhere else, she said, "Well, sure- we have aaaaall day." And I couldn't decide which it was- 4:15 or all day.

I learned that I misjudged myself. But, on another subject, I judged correctly. The same person IS still there, in spite of how she tries to convince me otherwise. BUT- I misjudged MYSELF, not her- I thought that I was ready for that kind of relationship again. I told myself that I missed that kind of friendship and stuff, and that I DID NOT miss that particular PERSON. Well, I was wrong- I DO miss that particular person.
I also got answers to two questions that have bugged me for three years. The third remains unanswered. But the first two now have answers. The first is funny. I feel so dumb and childish.
The second is not funny, and it would hurt a lot if I let it. I finally found out what that woman said. Have I forgiven her? I think so. I don't consider her opinion to be worth a quarter-bit. But, I must admit- that is a HORRIBLE thing to say to your granddaughter about her boyfriend. And Lord knows, I could return to her some horrible things on my own... her life is certainly nothing to be egotistical about. As I write this, I realize that I am angry about what she said, those years ago. Wow. Things to think about.

Il mio Babbo, dà la vostra tolleranza a Eva ed a tutti noi. Dia la vostra tolleranza me, ed aiutilo ad evitare di giudicare altri. Dal regalo del vostro Figlio Gesu, amen.

Friday night, I got to hang out with Danny, Caleb, and Barry. Good guys. We went to see Alexander. DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE. I am ASHAMED that I contributed my money to this crappy excuse for a movie. Barry left the movie- and walked all the way home. I had had enough after thirty minutes- yet it dragged on for three hours.

Anyhow, have a good week, and check out the pictures below!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home