Smirk.
I have about twelve thoughts in my head right now.
Wilson.
Strawberry.
Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Constitution cmte.
Vote tomorrow.
Thermo reading.
Thermo quiz.
Credit card bill.
CD maturity.
Tuition payment.
I am in a devious mood. I know the look I'd choose to put on my face. Waaaaaay back when, I know what I would do tonight if it was up to me. I'd pu on my Oakleys (back when I had those). I'd drive over to Seth's house, we'd get in one of our cars, and drive nowhere... but get there at a ridiculously illegal speed. Alcohol? Him, always... me, not usually.
Haha, those were the days when Jill was a faster car than Seth's Impulse. And it had better brakes too- something which proves invaluable when traveling at 102.
But, that was many years ago. And, fortunately, these are different days from those.
But on nights like tonight, I miss those days. I knew so little, but felt like I knew all I needed to. The world was at my fingertips.
So I am jamming to two of my favorite songs. One is old, from high school.
"Hey pretty,
Don't you wanna take a ride with me?
Through my world...
Hey pretty,
Don't you wanna kick and slide?
Through my world..."
I just looked up those lyrics online, and realized I had forgotten the rest of the song... hahaa, it's not the cleanest, but in high school, it seemed like all a guy could ever want.
The other song is a new song by Cold. It cracks me up. I don't actually harbor this kind of bitterness, but it fits some situations sometimes.
I looked up the lyrics last week, and discovered that FOUR musical artists/groups have written famous songs entitled "Stupid Girl." Cold, the Rolling Stones, Garbage, and Neil Young!!! Ain't that a coinky-dink? I added the top "I don't" part:
I don't
Wanna love ya
Wanna bug ya
Wanna squeeze ya
Stupid girl
I don't
Wanna touch ya,
Wanna take ya,
Wanna shut ya,
Stupid girl.
I can't take this,
Born to break this.
She's going away,
(She's going away)
What's wrong with my life today?
She's going away,
(She's going away)
What's wrong with my life today?
Stupid girl, Stupid girl
The chorus has no relevance to me whatsoever, but it sounds pretty good, so I thought I'd include it.
Well, it turns out that I don't really have anything interesting to say so far this week.
There was something good in a devo yesterday, in thermo, I'll see if I can post it tomorrow morning. Oh, I remember, so I'll put it in my AIM profile.
Wilson.
Strawberry.
Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Constitution cmte.
Vote tomorrow.
Thermo reading.
Thermo quiz.
Credit card bill.
CD maturity.
Tuition payment.
I am in a devious mood. I know the look I'd choose to put on my face. Waaaaaay back when, I know what I would do tonight if it was up to me. I'd pu on my Oakleys (back when I had those). I'd drive over to Seth's house, we'd get in one of our cars, and drive nowhere... but get there at a ridiculously illegal speed. Alcohol? Him, always... me, not usually.
Haha, those were the days when Jill was a faster car than Seth's Impulse. And it had better brakes too- something which proves invaluable when traveling at 102.
But, that was many years ago. And, fortunately, these are different days from those.
But on nights like tonight, I miss those days. I knew so little, but felt like I knew all I needed to. The world was at my fingertips.
So I am jamming to two of my favorite songs. One is old, from high school.
"Hey pretty,
Don't you wanna take a ride with me?
Through my world...
Hey pretty,
Don't you wanna kick and slide?
Through my world..."
I just looked up those lyrics online, and realized I had forgotten the rest of the song... hahaa, it's not the cleanest, but in high school, it seemed like all a guy could ever want.
The other song is a new song by Cold. It cracks me up. I don't actually harbor this kind of bitterness, but it fits some situations sometimes.
I looked up the lyrics last week, and discovered that FOUR musical artists/groups have written famous songs entitled "Stupid Girl." Cold, the Rolling Stones, Garbage, and Neil Young!!! Ain't that a coinky-dink? I added the top "I don't" part:
I don't
Wanna love ya
Wanna bug ya
Wanna squeeze ya
Stupid girl
I don't
Wanna touch ya,
Wanna take ya,
Wanna shut ya,
Stupid girl.
I can't take this,
Born to break this.
She's going away,
(She's going away)
What's wrong with my life today?
She's going away,
(She's going away)
What's wrong with my life today?
Stupid girl, Stupid girl
The chorus has no relevance to me whatsoever, but it sounds pretty good, so I thought I'd include it.
Well, it turns out that I don't really have anything interesting to say so far this week.
There was something good in a devo yesterday, in thermo, I'll see if I can post it tomorrow morning. Oh, I remember, so I'll put it in my AIM profile.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home