Pensieri per il Giorno
Thoughts for the day, that is...
1. Don't hold grudges.
I am working SO HARD at developing and maintaining a grudge. I PRAY that I won't do it. And yet, as soon as I see a certain someone (actually, it applies to several different people in life, and most of them have never met each other) I clam up and make the decision to NOT interact.
It only hurts me. The people I "want" to hurt- as foolish as that is -don't get hurt... only me.
2. Living a faithful life won't keep you from getting sick.
For a little while now, I have thought, "If I have enough faith, and live righteously, I will not become sick, and through faith can throw down any illness the devil sends my way."
Well, I think Job might take issue with me. God allowed Satan to take away Job's health, his ability to sleep, and even his children! All because he was faithful to begin with. As I remember the story, it was his faith that drew Satan's attention.
3. There is hope- be joyful.
I have sinned a lot lately. In certain areas, my 'amount' of sin (if it can even be quantified.... pretend with me for the purpose of illustration) has actually INCREASED. Not exactly the kind of life I am called to live, huh?
BUT- there is hope. I am more hopeful now than I have been in AGES. I had a startling conversation with a friend this past week. That's a separate story, and one that won't make it onto my blog. BUT- the attitude I have developed from it is something like... yes, I still sin, but I have hope and joy too. I don't let my sin make me feel guilty and steal away the joy of my salvation. No, I don't want to hurt God's feelings by continuing to commit sins. But when I do, I must not allow myself to become depressed about it.
I think that about raps it up for now.
Except that mercy ships visited today... and I am interested...
Stay tuned.
1. Don't hold grudges.
I am working SO HARD at developing and maintaining a grudge. I PRAY that I won't do it. And yet, as soon as I see a certain someone (actually, it applies to several different people in life, and most of them have never met each other) I clam up and make the decision to NOT interact.
It only hurts me. The people I "want" to hurt- as foolish as that is -don't get hurt... only me.
2. Living a faithful life won't keep you from getting sick.
For a little while now, I have thought, "If I have enough faith, and live righteously, I will not become sick, and through faith can throw down any illness the devil sends my way."
Well, I think Job might take issue with me. God allowed Satan to take away Job's health, his ability to sleep, and even his children! All because he was faithful to begin with. As I remember the story, it was his faith that drew Satan's attention.
3. There is hope- be joyful.
I have sinned a lot lately. In certain areas, my 'amount' of sin (if it can even be quantified.... pretend with me for the purpose of illustration) has actually INCREASED. Not exactly the kind of life I am called to live, huh?
BUT- there is hope. I am more hopeful now than I have been in AGES. I had a startling conversation with a friend this past week. That's a separate story, and one that won't make it onto my blog. BUT- the attitude I have developed from it is something like... yes, I still sin, but I have hope and joy too. I don't let my sin make me feel guilty and steal away the joy of my salvation. No, I don't want to hurt God's feelings by continuing to commit sins. But when I do, I must not allow myself to become depressed about it.
I think that about raps it up for now.
Except that mercy ships visited today... and I am interested...
Stay tuned.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home