Life Lesson for 1-17-05
I learned a valuable life lesson today in the weight room.
In the weight room, you don't get second chances.
When I was working on the second decline set, I realized I might not be able to finish it. But I thought, "Well, I can try the next set."
Wrong.
I failed.
I failed to finish the set.
What difference does it make if I can do it later? Later doesn't count- now does.
Life is like that. With so many things, you don't get a second chance. Relationships. Responsibilities.
No second chances.
I already knew that. But this was a valuable reminder.
On a separate note, people in the gym are really aggravating. There is the one guy, who I know to be a decent guy, but he works without a spotter. Who does he think he's impressing? What if something happened? Everyone has an off day now and then. Hopefully he doesn't, otherwise he might drop 220 on his face. And then, NO ONE will be impressed.
The other guy I don't know. But he was being stupid. He was lifting a reasonably heavy load with just his back. And we have known not to do that for HOW MANY DECADES? And, after he'd lift it, he'd drop it on the floor, making a huge CRASH. He even slammed the bar and weights when he put them away. Annoying as all get out. Distracting. AND, no one thinks you're cool. I mean, the guy was as skinny as I am. Dropping 90 pounds from waist-height to the floor doesn't make people think you're buff.
Lord, I have failed you today. I have distanced myself from you by sin, and I am sorry.
May I be able to minister to those who have asked me to. There are a lot of needs going around right now. I realize that I can never atone for my sin through ministry, but I can minister anyhow.
Y'all have a good week, and remember:
MAKE THE MOST OF THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY!
NO SECOND CHANCES!
In the weight room, you don't get second chances.
When I was working on the second decline set, I realized I might not be able to finish it. But I thought, "Well, I can try the next set."
Wrong.
I failed.
I failed to finish the set.
What difference does it make if I can do it later? Later doesn't count- now does.
Life is like that. With so many things, you don't get a second chance. Relationships. Responsibilities.
No second chances.
I already knew that. But this was a valuable reminder.
On a separate note, people in the gym are really aggravating. There is the one guy, who I know to be a decent guy, but he works without a spotter. Who does he think he's impressing? What if something happened? Everyone has an off day now and then. Hopefully he doesn't, otherwise he might drop 220 on his face. And then, NO ONE will be impressed.
The other guy I don't know. But he was being stupid. He was lifting a reasonably heavy load with just his back. And we have known not to do that for HOW MANY DECADES? And, after he'd lift it, he'd drop it on the floor, making a huge CRASH. He even slammed the bar and weights when he put them away. Annoying as all get out. Distracting. AND, no one thinks you're cool. I mean, the guy was as skinny as I am. Dropping 90 pounds from waist-height to the floor doesn't make people think you're buff.
Lord, I have failed you today. I have distanced myself from you by sin, and I am sorry.
May I be able to minister to those who have asked me to. There are a lot of needs going around right now. I realize that I can never atone for my sin through ministry, but I can minister anyhow.
Y'all have a good week, and remember:
MAKE THE MOST OF THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY!
NO SECOND CHANCES!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home