A Few Thoughts...
So I have written down on my church notes,
"Chi da che Io fo qualche giorno... ma, che cosa faccio oggi, ora?"
I wrote it that way so that certain nosy neighbors couldn't read what I Was thinking.
It says, "Who cares what I am going to do someday? What am I doing today... now?"
I realized today that I make lots of plans, more like, I have intentions... to do something great next week, et cetera. But WHO CARES what I will do someday? What is important is what I am doing now. Lofty plans generally don't even come to fruition (mine, anyway). I should just concentrate on what I need to accomplish today.
I also have written down some statistics given in church.
74% of Americans believe that there is only one God, and that He created everything, etc.
But 65% say that there is no absolute truth.
Odd.
Here's a funny joke pastor told about being Baptist. I will comment on it at the end.
For show and tell, Mrs. Robertson, a fifth-grade teacher, asks her class to bring items of their faith to school and talk about them.
A Muslim kid brings his prayer rug, and talks about the daily prayers that they do on the rug.
A Jewish kid brings the Star of David and explains its significance in history.
A Catholic girl brings her rosary and talks about the prayers they say.
Then, a baptist boy busts out a casserole dish.
'Nuff said.
That's very true. But we were discussing today that the church in Acts got together and BROKE BREAD TOGETHER. They ate together, too!
Further, even though we're the butt-end of many-a-joke, I think it's a good thing that we eat together. We come together, pray, and fellowship. If Christians don't do that, then what is it that they do? AND, we meet the needs of the community, if you think about it. Like when we have banquets at FBC-L. All the LeTourneau kids crawl out of their beds and show up at church.
So, yes, we eat. And yes, we're fat. But maybe that's the only way to be.
Incidentally, I had some HUGE problems with what that Presbyterian preacher said in chapel the other day. I mean, talk about WAY off base. Several of the things he said, I was like, "Uh, this is DEFINITELY not what that Scripture is talking about."
Like, the idea that the purpose of the church is to concentrate on itself, and ignore the outside world. Granted, I have taken his principle to the extreme there, but it's pretty much what he said. He suggested that, by building a strong church, we're fulfilling our purpose. Uh, what about the community? What about missions? We can aruge all day about what Jesus meant when He said, "Peter, take care of my sheep." But to look at that verse and exclude in your beliefs the whole, "Go into all the world and declare the good news" is just ridiculous.
It was so funny too, he complained at first that the Presbyterian church is dying. And then he says, "We need to focus on ourselves and not the outside world."
If that's truly their beliefs, let them die.
Maybe that way they can walk down the road to other churches and find out what love is.
Have a good week... this one is gonna be ROUGH.
"Chi da che Io fo qualche giorno... ma, che cosa faccio oggi, ora?"
I wrote it that way so that certain nosy neighbors couldn't read what I Was thinking.
It says, "Who cares what I am going to do someday? What am I doing today... now?"
I realized today that I make lots of plans, more like, I have intentions... to do something great next week, et cetera. But WHO CARES what I will do someday? What is important is what I am doing now. Lofty plans generally don't even come to fruition (mine, anyway). I should just concentrate on what I need to accomplish today.
I also have written down some statistics given in church.
74% of Americans believe that there is only one God, and that He created everything, etc.
But 65% say that there is no absolute truth.
Odd.
Here's a funny joke pastor told about being Baptist. I will comment on it at the end.
For show and tell, Mrs. Robertson, a fifth-grade teacher, asks her class to bring items of their faith to school and talk about them.
A Muslim kid brings his prayer rug, and talks about the daily prayers that they do on the rug.
A Jewish kid brings the Star of David and explains its significance in history.
A Catholic girl brings her rosary and talks about the prayers they say.
Then, a baptist boy busts out a casserole dish.
'Nuff said.
That's very true. But we were discussing today that the church in Acts got together and BROKE BREAD TOGETHER. They ate together, too!
Further, even though we're the butt-end of many-a-joke, I think it's a good thing that we eat together. We come together, pray, and fellowship. If Christians don't do that, then what is it that they do? AND, we meet the needs of the community, if you think about it. Like when we have banquets at FBC-L. All the LeTourneau kids crawl out of their beds and show up at church.
So, yes, we eat. And yes, we're fat. But maybe that's the only way to be.
Incidentally, I had some HUGE problems with what that Presbyterian preacher said in chapel the other day. I mean, talk about WAY off base. Several of the things he said, I was like, "Uh, this is DEFINITELY not what that Scripture is talking about."
Like, the idea that the purpose of the church is to concentrate on itself, and ignore the outside world. Granted, I have taken his principle to the extreme there, but it's pretty much what he said. He suggested that, by building a strong church, we're fulfilling our purpose. Uh, what about the community? What about missions? We can aruge all day about what Jesus meant when He said, "Peter, take care of my sheep." But to look at that verse and exclude in your beliefs the whole, "Go into all the world and declare the good news" is just ridiculous.
It was so funny too, he complained at first that the Presbyterian church is dying. And then he says, "We need to focus on ourselves and not the outside world."
If that's truly their beliefs, let them die.
Maybe that way they can walk down the road to other churches and find out what love is.
Have a good week... this one is gonna be ROUGH.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home